efcharvet

6.04 Bug - "Open" .dbf window

As I noted on a follow-up to another message, since I updated TMG with 6.04, EVERY TIME I add a new tag and click "OK", an "Open" .dbf window which contains the app folders and .dbf files for TMG appears. Then, I must close the window to continue.

The "Open" window also appears after I run Maintenance, Validate File Integrity, as well.

Previously, I was running 6.03. I did not have this problem before I updated.

Please fix this bug soon!

Earl

Hi, Earl,

I tried to replicate what you are describing - but sorry to say that I'm not able to replicate it.

Neither by adding a new tag to an individual nor by double-clicking on any person to change the focus.

May I ask you to describe in more detail the first case you mentioned?

Thanks, Vera

As I noted on a follow-up to another message, since I updated TMG with 6.04, EVERY TIME I add a new tag and click "OK", an "Open" .dbf window which contains the app folders and .dbf files for TMG appears. Then, I must close the window to continue.

The "Open" window also appears after I run Maintenance, Validate File Integrity, as well.

Previously, I was running 6.03. I did not have this problem before I updated.

Please fix this bug soon!

Earl

I am seeing the same thing, Earl. I just verified that I have the correct download file size (1,990,656 bytes.), so that is not the problem in my case. You might check that though. If you rightclick on the upgrade file in your main TMG folder, select Properties, you can get the size in bytes.

I do not have the problem in the Sample project, or in other projects. It may be

specific to the project with which 6.04 opened.

What operating system are you using? If WinXP, service pack 1 or 2?

I haven't seen any other reports of this problem.

See followup message below. Problem appears to be resolved in my case.

Virginia

Edited by Virginia Blakelock

Earl, try switching to the Sample project and back to your own project. That seems to have cleared it up for me.

Update: Oops, not quite. The problem is back.

It has been reported.

Virginia

Edited by Virginia Blakelock

To Vera Nagel: I am running Windows XP with SP2 and install all automatic updates. - - There isn't much to say about this VERY annoying problem. If I add a tag, select a new individual from the main screen by double-clicking, or Validate File Integrity - the "Open" window containing TMG .dbf files appears.

To Virginia Blakelock: THANK YOU! Yes, opening the Sample Data file first, THEN, closing it and opening my own data file does (temporarily) end those "Open" windows to the TMG .dbf files from appearing. I guess I will have to get used to opening the Sample Data each time before I can expect to use TMG normally. - - It is a very strange workaround, but it seems to do the trick (temporarily).

Many thanks for your quick replys.

Earl

To Vera Nagel: I am running Windows XP with SP2 and install all automatic updates. - - There isn't much to say about this VERY annoying problem. If I add a tag, select a new individual from the main screen by double-clicking, or Validate File Integrity - the "Open" window containing TMG .dbf files appears.

To Virginia Blakelock: THANK YOU! Yes, opening the Sample Data file first, THEN, closing it and opening my own data file does (temporarily) end those "Open" windows to the TMG .dbf files from appearing. I guess I will have to get used to opening the Sample Data each time before I can expect to use TMG normally. - - It is a very strange workaround, but it seems to do the trick (temporarily).

Many thanks for your quick replys.

Earl

I also found that I can open the project directly, immediately reindex it, then I have no problem, but just for that session. I also tried deleting all my index files to see if they would regenerate correctly, and still had the problem. This is happening in only one of my projects.

Virginia

I think I've got a fix. I went into Preferences and used the Reset Defaults button to reset options for both the Program and Project. You might try just Project Options first and see if that does it. If not try Program options.

So far, so good.

Virginia

I also found that I can open the project directly, immediately reindex it, then I have no problem, but just for that session.  I also tried deleting all my index files to see if they would regenerate correctly, and still had the problem.  This is happening in only one of my projects.

Virginia

The first thing I tried was reindexing, i.e. File Maintenance > Reindex, then > Optimize, then > Validate File Integrity. However, this workaround did not fix the problem for me. (In fact, the "Open" window to the TMG .dbf files appears after the Validate is complete.)

I also tried deleting my index files, as you did, and still had the problem.

This is happening on two of my four projects when I updated to 6.04. The two projects with problems are medium size with about 3,000 names each. The two projects without problems are small, under 200 names each.

Thanks for your feedback.

Earl

I think I've got a fix.  I went into Preferences and used the Reset Defaults button to reset options for both the Program and Project.  You might try just Project Options first and see if that does it.  If not try Program options.

So far, so good.

Virginia

Congratulations Virginia! :D I think you have solved the problem! (As you said, "So far, so good.")

Resetting the Preference Defaults for both the Program and Project did it!

What a relief!

Earl