Diane

upgrading to V6

I have TMG Silver UK edition v4.0b, which I used a few years ago on Windows 98. I'm now revisiting my family history and am looking to purchase the latest V6 UK Edition software for Windows XP. I also want to access my old V4.0b datasets.

Will V6 recognise the old datasets or will I have to run any conversions ? I still have the V4.0b CD, but not a Win98 environment to run it on.

TIA!

Edited by Diane

I have TMG Silver UK edition v4.0b, which I used a few years ago on Windows 98.  I'm now revisiting my family history and am looking to purchase the latest V6 UK Edition software for Windows XP.  I also want to access my old V4.0b datasets. 

Will V6 recognise the old datasets or will I have to run any conversions ?  I still have the V4.0b CD, but not a Win98 environment to run it on.

Your question brings up two answers.

First, TMG4 and TMG6 are different programs. You can import your TMG4 data sets into TMG6 projects. You would then work with the data in TMG6 and have no need to access the original TMG4 data sets.

Second, TMG4 installs and works just fine under WinXP although there will be a couple of things missing that you need to download from the Wholly Genes web site or ask for.