I have two problems with the journal report.

1. In my project, which I recently imported from UFT, I cannot get the program to print a journal report. A pop up screen states that there are no descendants, when there are indeed descendants. In the Sample, the journal report does print. The options for the journal report are set the same way in both projects, at least for General, Miscellaneous, Sources, and Memos. I assume there is something simple that I have overlooked, but cannot find it.

2. The Journal report (in the Sample project) will not print text footnotes created in the memo field using the [CIT:]text[:CIT] feature. (They do print in the family group sheet, individual detail, and individual narrative reports. Nor will the journal report print memos that are outside structure sentences. I have the source option set to footnotes, and the memo option set to embed, but changing these options does not solve the problem. This is a problem whether I print to screen and then print endnotes to screen, or output to a word processor.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Vernard Adams

1. In my project, which I recently imported from UFT, I cannot get the program to print a journal report. A pop up screen states that there are no descendants, when there are indeed descendants. In the Sample, the journal report does print. The options for the journal report are set the same way in both projects, at least for General, Miscellaneous, Sources, and Memos. I assume there is something simple that I have overlooked, but cannot find it.

Vernard Adams

Vernard,

I don't have a solution, but just a question that might help someone else solve your problem. Do other reports for the same person produce descendants?

Make sure the starting individual is the one you expect. Depending on the options you select, it could be picking off someone other than the person you were looking at when you selected the Journal report. (That's happened to me a couple of times.)

Pierce

2. The Journal report (in the Sample project) will not print text footnotes created in the memo field using the [CIT:]text[:CIT] feature. (They do print in the family group sheet, individual detail, and individual narrative reports. Nor will the journal report print memos that are outside structure sentences. I have the source option set to footnotes, and the memo option set to embed, but changing these options does not solve the problem. This is a problem whether I print to screen and then print endnotes to screen, or output to a word processor.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Vernard Adams

Check and make sure that on the main screen of the Report Definition window that you have selected "Use the Current Focus Person" or if "One Person" is selected make sure the correct individual is indicated...

Vernard,

I don't have a solution, but just a question that might help someone else solve your problem.  Do other reports for the same person produce descendants?

Make sure the starting individual is the one you expect. Depending on the options you select, it could be picking off someone other than the person you were looking at when you selected the Journal report. (That's happened to me a couple of times.)

Pierce

Thanks, Pierce.

Yes, the other reports, namely family group sheet, individual narrative and individual detail, pick up and print children. I checked, and yes, the starting person is the one I selected, and has children. ( I can see how this one could slip by though)

Vern

Vernard,

Be sure that the "Surety" settings on the General tab of options are set to "No Threshold" and the "Include Blank surety" setting is checked. If the citations on the descendants are lower than the surety settings on the report, they will appear to not exist and I think can cause the error you see.

Vernard,

Be sure that the "Surety" settings on the General tab of options are set to "No Threshold" and the "Include Blank surety" setting is checked. If the citations on the descendants are lower than the surety settings on the report, they will  appear  to not exist and I think can cause the error you see.

Terry,

Your suggestion worked! "No threshold" had been set, but the "Include Blank Surety" had not. Thank you for your help.

Vernard

Your suggestion worked! "No threshold" had been set, but the "Include Blank Surety" had not. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome, Vernard. Glad we finally found the problem.