loribragg

Automatic Relationship tag

I really like the automatic relationship tag you can turn on under Preferences/other. Is there any way to be able to filter or accent or report based on this tag? I think it would be more complicated than it looks but it would be helpful, especially when cleaning out merged databases. Even a yes/no flag based on it - as opposed to eighth cousin 16 times removed - so only those without any relationship to the focus person could be flagged or placed in a focus group.

And then all my problems would be solved..... :rolleyes:

Thanks, Lori Bragg

It does not seem that one can use this tag for anything - other than to look at on the main screen. Is this correct? If so, could the program's writers please consider "enabling" it?

My desired use would be to export it as a "standard" tag in a GEDCOM - if this is in fact possible, could someone explain how? I use "The Next Generation" to produce my website and would like to have the first note for each person state that person's relationship to me.

I really like the automatic relationship tag you can turn on under Preferences/other. Is there any way to be able to filter or accent or report based on this tag? I think it would be more complicated than it looks but it would be helpful, especially when cleaning out merged databases. Even a yes/no flag based on it - as opposed to eighth cousin 16 times removed - so only those without any relationship to the focus person could be flagged or placed in a focus group.

And then all my problems would be solved..... :rolleyes:

Thanks, Lori Bragg

I want to again mention this because I am creating a chart for a wedding that shows the relationship of each person to the bride. As the wedding is about a month away I will use a Kinship report along side the main chart. I am piecing together the main chart from several others so that most every relative attending and a few ancestors will be included - every cousin will want to see themselves first I imagine!

Anyway, in a perfect world I would combine the chart and the report, putting the relationship in each box under the name and photo. But doing that manually is more than I can gt done along with other research and 3 kids!

Lori