melliott

Project freezes

I've backed up, restored and have done maintenance on my project. As I try to enter information on a tag page, the project freezes. I have to control-alt-delete to close it down.

What can I do?

Maureen

I've backed up, restored and have done maintenance on my project. As I try to enter information on a tag page, the project freezes. I have to control-alt-delete to close it down.

What can I do?

Maureen

Are you able to enter information in the tag entry screen? What action are you taking when it freezes - for example are you clicking the OK button, adding a citation or a witness?

Virginia

Are you able to enter information in the tag entry screen?  What action are you taking when it freezes - for example are you clicking the OK button, adding a citation or a witness?

Virginia

Virginia,

Attempting to "Edit this Tag":

1) Right click on Edit this tag

2) Paste unformatted text in Memo box

3) Click OK

4) Receive Error message: Fatal error Exception code=C0000006@2005.10.23.6:50PM Error log file C:\windows\system\VFP7rerr.log

Called from - reppush line 74 (c:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist\tmg\programs\reppush.prg reppush.fxp)

Called from - frmevents.cntbasicdetail.ontmemo.oleterl.lost focus line 26 (c:\program files\common\libs\memoclass.vct

Called from - tmgmain line 584 (c:\program files\The Master Genealogist \tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg)

5) Click OK

6) Program shuts down.

I appreciate any help that you can give me!

Maureen

Virginia,

Attempting to "Edit this Tag": 

1) Right click on Edit this tag

2) Paste unformatted text in Memo box

3) Click OK

4) Receive Error message: Fatal error Exception code=C0000006@2005.10.23.6:50PM Error log file C:\windows\system\VFP7rerr.log

Called from - reppush line 74 (c:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist\tmg\programs\reppush.prg reppush.fxp)

Called from - frmevents.cntbasicdetail.ontmemo.oleterl.lost focus line 26 (c:\program files\common\libs\memoclass.vct

Called from - tmgmain line 584 (c:\program files\The Master Genealogist \tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg)

5) Click OK

6) Program shuts down.

I appreciate any help that you can give me!

Maureen

Thanks for the detail and for posting the error message.

Did it used to work OK and just start happening when/if you upgraded to v6.04?

Does the freeze only happen with the Tag Entry Screen?

Does it make a difference whether you doubleclick on the Tag Entry Screen to open it, or highlight the event and use F5 to open the tag?

Does it only happen when pasting in the Memo?

Virginia

Thanks for the detail and for posting the error message.

Did it used to work OK and just start happening when/if you upgraded to v6.04?

Does the freeze only happen with the Tag Entry Screen?

Does it make a difference whether you doubleclick on the Tag Entry Screen to open it, or highlight the event and use F5 to open the tag?

Does it only happen when pasting in the Memo?

Virginia

It used to work just fine with 6.04.

I tried to do something different and I got another error message "Internal Consistency Error."

I just tried highlighting the tag and the program froze - no error messages

What operating system are you using - Windows XP or another?

Have you added or run any software - like an anti-spyware or anti-virus program - that might coincide with the start of the problem?

Virginia

What operating system are you using - Windows XP or another?

Have you added or run any software - like an anti-spyware or anti-virus program - that might coincide with the start of the problem?

Virginia

Windows 98. Nothing new.

Please tell me how I find out how much memory I have?

If you rightclick on My Computer on your desktop and select Properties, it should show up there as so much RAM, or it usually shows a count as you boot up.

Virginia

That sounds marginal, Maureen.  Try rebooting and closing all programs except TMG and see if that helps

How much free space do you have on your hard drive?

Virginia

OK. I'm not sure how to tell how much free space I haveon my hard drive.

OK. I'm not sure how to tell how much free space I haveon my hard drive.

Double click the "My Computer" icon.

Select the icon for the hard drive and click on it.

In the left-hand frame, you'll see numbers for the total capacity of the drive, the space used and the space free. There's also a pie graph to graphically illustrate how space on that drive is allocated.

Virginia

Maureen, I sent you a forum Personal Message. There should be a message indication at the top right of the Forum page that you can click on and read the message. You can reply there or to my e-mail address (vablake@aol.com).

As I suggested in that message, with Windows 98, perhaps marginal memory and/or free disk space, you may want to contact tech support directly for advice. I don't think I'd try a reinstall until you are sure you have enough resources free to run TMG.

Virginia

Double click the "My Computer" icon.

Select the icon for the hard drive and click on it.

In the left-hand frame, you'll see numbers for the total capacity of the drive, the space used and the space free. There's also a pie graph to graphically illustrate how space on that drive is allocated.

Virginia

Capacity - 12.7

Used - 5.38

Free - 7.33