pktropics

v6.05-Add Person

As soon as I installed the 6.05 upgrade, I started getting what looks like a variant of the same problem in the "Add Person" Window. It only occurs sometimes, and happens after I have entered data and clicked OK to save and close the window.

The message is: "Function argument value, type, or count is invalid 15FT0A" with choice of Abort, Retry or Ignore buttons.

Seems that clicking any of these closes the message window and allows the OK save operation to complete. Does not appear to lead to any loss of data or other problem. But its an annoyance and a worry because with a big database, problems (like the disappearing citations) caused elsewhere in the database are not always immediately apparent.

pktropics

As soon as I installed the 6.05 upgrade, I started getting what looks like a variant of the same problem in the "Add Person" Window.  It only occurs sometimes, and happens after I have entered data and clicked OK to save and close the window. 

The message is: "Function argument value, type, or count is invalid  15FT0A" with choice of Abort, Retry or Ignore buttons. 

Seems that clicking any of these closes the message window and allows the OK save operation to complete.  Does not appear to lead to any loss of data or other problem.  But its an annoyance and a worry because with a big database, problems (like the disappearing citations) caused elsewhere in the database are not always immediately apparent.

pktropics

Is there any more to that message? There should be a copy in the file error.txt in your tmg main folder.

Does it seem to appear with a particular Add Person - like adding a wife or husband?

Do you use name styles?

Virginia

As soon as I installed the 6.05 upgrade, I started getting what looks like a variant of the same problem in the "Add Person" Window.  It only occurs sometimes, and happens after I have entered data and clicked OK to save and close the window. 

The message is: "Function argument value, type, or count is invalid  15FT0A" with choice of Abort, Retry or Ignore buttons. 

Seems that clicking any of these closes the message window and allows the OK save operation to complete.  Does not appear to lead to any loss of data or other problem.  But its an annoyance and a worry because with a big database, problems (like the disappearing citations) caused elsewhere in the database are not always immediately apparent.

pktropics

Peter, I had a problem with error messages when Adding a husband, wife, or spouse, often to a new person in the data set. The message was different from yours and I could not use Ignore but had to Abort.

In case the cause of our problems is the same, here is the fix I found:

Go to Preferences, Program Options, Prompts.

Uncheck all prompts and then recheck all prompts.

Close TMG and reopen.

That fixed the problem for me and it stayed fixed after I went back into preferences and unchecked the prompts I did not want.

If that does not help, you need to give step by step details of the process as Jim suggested.

Virginia

Peter,

We need a more precise step-by-step to replicate exactly what you are doing.

Jim

Jim,

I'm in the field at the moment and not doing so much data entry, and I'm without regular internet access - should the problem recur, I'll forward details as soon as I can.

Peter

Peter, I had a problem with error messages when Adding a husband, wife, or spouse, often to a new person in the data set.  The message was different from yours and I could not use Ignore but had to Abort.

In case the cause of our problems is the same, here is the fix I found:

Go to Preferences, Program Options, Prompts.

Uncheck all prompts and then recheck all prompts.

Close TMG and reopen.

That fixed the problem for me and it stayed fixed after I went back into preferences and unchecked the prompts I did not want.

If that does not help, you need to give step by step details of the process as Jim suggested.

Virginia

Virginia

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it and see what happens.

Peter