Relation Tag

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rgoforth

rgoforth
  • NewMembers
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:20 PM

I've noticed the relation tag only calculates the relationship through 4th cousins. Fifth cousins are labled as "no blood relationship".

#2 Barbara Grempler

Barbara Grempler

Ready to cruise!

• Wholly Genes staff
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:44 PM

I've noticed the relation tag only calculates the relationship through 4th cousins.  Fifth cousins are labled as "no blood relationship".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The auto relationship tag is calculated when you first toggle auto relationship and is not changed until toggled again. When you add a new person, if you add them to the parent that already has a relationship the new person's relationship will show correctly at this time. To recalculate relationships as each person is added would significantly slow down the program. To-recalculate the relationships during a session, [Refresh relationships] from preferences. An easy way to accomplish this is to add "Toggle Relative auto-tag" to your custom toolbar. Go to: View > Toolbars > Customize. Toggle the tag off then back on to recalculate relationships.
Barbara Grempler
Archive CD Books USA
Project Manager

#3 Paul Lawrence

Paul Lawrence
  • Senior Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

I've noticed the relation tag only calculates the relationship through 4th cousins.  Fifth cousins are labled as "no blood relationship".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try turning the relationship tag off and then back on (or Refresh relationships) and see if you don't get the calculation. TMG will not calculate a relationship if you add an individual to a non-blood related individual. For example if you have an uncle who is a blood relative and you add a child to the family but add it with his wife (your aunt) in focus no blood relationship will be calculated as you aunt is not a blood relation.
Paul E. Lawrence
WIN XP Pro SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users