joanmc

ORDER OF DATA SETS

Here's a challenging question that's been brought to me this morning. It appears that no matter what one does, Data Sets are ordered according to the date on which they are created or imported and even renumbering doesn't change the order in which they show in the Project Explorer when sorted by Data Set.

A member of our TMG User Group is wanting to use TMG to track and sort his 'strays' by county or barony in Ireland (making each Data Set a county or barony). To make it easier to find the Data Sets, he wants them to be in alpha order and couldn't find a way to do this.

Using my Project which has 8 Data Sets, we quickly realized that their order is strictly determined by the entry date.

Any ideas/suggestions on a way to get around/past this?

B)

Joan

It appears that no matter what one does, Data Sets are ordered according to the date on which they are created or imported and even renumbering doesn't change the order in which they show in the Project Explorer when sorted by Data Set.

I don't see that result - when I renumber the data sets, they seem to appear in the new order. Where are you finding that they are not?