duff

Variable 'LCVALDATE' is not found. 157 FRMADDPERSON.MSAVE

Pat - thanks for all the work reconstructing the problem!

With over 230,000 people in your project, I guess it could be excused for running a little slow. That is a very impressive undertaking.

You said you have Louisiana and Canada custom styles. Does it make a difference if you select a different style using the Style button on the Add Person > Setup screen? If you change that, make the change before you add any data to Add Person.

I also noticed that, when you added the Wife, you did not get a prompt for 'Warn if surname does not exist' - so I guess the wife's surname was a name that was already in your project? Or maybe you had that prompt turned off in Preferences?

Re clicking on Tools from Welcome Screen. Since the program is not really open yet, that won't work, as you found out.

Re the Open .dbf file box. In my experience, when you get that box, the party is over for that session of tmg - and staying in the program will just generate more error messages. Best to exit TMG at that point.

Thanks -

Virginia

Pat, issue was already reported in the meantime and will hopefully be fixed in next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Vera

Hi Vera,

Which issue specifically were you referring to, so I know what to not expect change on yet.

Thanks,

Pat

Hi Vera,

Which issue specifically were you referring to, so I know what to not expect change on yet.

Thanks,

Pat

The original one: Variable 'LCVALDATE' is not found. 157 FRMADDPERSON.MSAVE

(when adding brother/sister/daughter) as well as anything related to "MARRNAME" messages. The whole thing is very complex.

As Virginia already pointed out a couple of the error messages you received during your latest tests are follow-ups.

Vera

Pat - thanks for all the work reconstructing the problem!

With over 230,000 people in your project, I guess it could be excused for running a little slow.  That is a very impressive undertaking.

You said you have Louisiana and Canada custom styles.  Does it make a difference if you select a different style using the Style button on the Add Person > Setup screen?  If you change that, make the change before you add any data to Add Person.

I also noticed that, when you added the Wife, you did not get a prompt for 'Warn if surname does not exist' - so I guess the wife's surname was a name that was already in your project?    Or maybe you had that prompt turned off in Preferences?

Re clicking on Tools from Welcome Screen.  Since the program is not really open yet, that won't work, as you found out.

Re the Open .dbf file box.  In my experience, when you get that box, the party is over for that session of tmg - and staying in the program will just generate more error messages.  Best to exit TMG at that point.

Thanks -

Virginia

Hi Virginia,

yep, it's a pretty fat file, full of groovy folks. WAY too much time invested in this activity, but it's darn rewarding to find direct-line details, especially new direct-line ancestors.

The vast majority of my people are not engaged in the Louisiana/Canada styles, but I'll try that. * & since I seem to have fixed the persistent error, I'm goin to leave this alone for now (see below).

Pretty sure that both are true...her name wasn't new AND I have that prompt turned ON in Preferences...but that could have defaulted back like the File Location ...I'll check.

*Nope, not new, lotsa Lawsons; Program Options-Prompts: the 'Warn When Surname Does Not Exist' option is on.

On the Open .dbf file box issue, maybe that's what Vera was referring to. Seems like I have seen that dead end before once or twice..way back when.

Just finished the full 3-point maintenance routine. Who's working on automating/scheduling the 3 point maintenance routine...all three, in order, overnight, while I sleep, say...monthly, with a nice report after?

point 3: File Validation yielded 11 potential problems, fixed, which can only be good, I suppose =)

Where can I see which problems were fixed?

Oh.

Well here's one thing fixed that's obvious.

Matilda M Lawson's father, who I had tried to add as part of the prior long post...# 258574 who wouldn't stick, you'll remember, has appeared as father under Matilda M Lawson's detail window, sort of. the # is listed as her father, with name (UNKNOWN). Like that....In parenth. So probably I can focus on him & give the # a name now...yes. Reverend Samuel Lawson is whole. I gave him a residence tag, it stuck.

So, may as well nail the big test...add Matilda Lawson-Duff's son:

and the verdict is...holy gum. no error.

Onward.

Oh. One flame: 81 seconds to save a new person (after pressing ok, until screen allows user to make the next move) Still, it took at least 3 times that long before to get the error message on saving ....

Pat

Edited by duff

[snip]

point 3: File Validation yielded 11 potential problems, fixed, which can only be good, I suppose =)

Where can I see which problems were fixed?

[sni]

Did you ever get a response on this item?

Dick