fdrick

Gender of Parents

I have been adding my brother's two wives, and his children by each wife. I have just put a sort date as I don't know the birth or marriage dates. Every one is sorting in the correct order on my brother's detail screen, but when I look at his children, he is a mother instead of father. On my brother's detail screen my parents are both mother's. As I look back at the parents of each ancestor, the parents are all mothers!

I suspect that I entered something out of order that may have caused all this mess.

Is there a correct order for entering a man with a first wife and a daughter and a son, then a second wife with a son and daughter older than his and then a daughter they have together?

I think I need to restore and then enter the family in the correct order? Is that right or is there a bug?

Thanks for any advice.

Francie :wacko:

Edited by Jim Byram

It seems that all parents on the detail screen are listed as Mother. Each person has 2 Mothers and no Fathers. All the Father/mothers have M as their sex flag. All the real Mothers have F as their sex flag.

What have I done?

:angry:

Francie

I found the answer to my problem on the TMG-L archives! The father had sex as "M" but was listed as mother. The mother had sex as "F" but was listed as father.

Solution:

"You need to unlink the father from the MOTHER-BIO tag (could be PARENT-BIO

tag) and attach him to the FATHER-BIO tag. And then do the same for the

mother.

Teresa Ghee Elliott"

Thank you Teresa!!! :)