Michael Moore

Export select persons to new TMG file

How can I easily share select persons with a friend?  I do not want to give him my entire file.

Use the secondary output (click Options on the report definition) of the List of People report to create a new project containing just those people in the List of People. Then open that project, create a backup, and send the backup. Your correspondent would then Restore the backup.

You select who is to be included by 1) assembling them in a Focus Group, 2) selecting them in Project Explorier, or 3) using a filter in the LoP report. Complex groups can be selected by setting up a custom Flag, then filtering on that. If you have difficulty figuring out how to get the people you want, let us know the problem and who you want and we can help.

Use the secondary output (click Options on the report definition) of the List of People report to create a new project containing just those people in the List of People. Then open that project, create a backup, and send the backup. Your correspondent would then Restore the backup.

You select who is to be included by 1) assembling them in a Focus Group, 2) selecting them in Project Explorier, or 3) using a filter in the LoP report. Complex groups can be selected by setting up a custom Flag, then filtering on that. If you have difficulty figuring out how to get the people you want, let us know the problem and who you want and we can help.

Thank you Terry! Not the most intuitive thing I have done, but it worked. One note: you need to print to screen in order for the secondary output to save to a file.

Thank you Terry!

You're welcome. :)

One note: you need to print to screen in order for the secondary output to save to a file.

I just tested by sending the LoP report to a text file, and the creation of a new project worked. Where did you send the report that didn't produce the new project?