fbax

Remove Column from report

How do I remove a column from a custom report?

Oops - answer below is for v6. You're using v5?

Rightclick on the column which you want to delete. That menu gives you the option to either delete the column or insert a column at that point.

Virginia

Edited by Virginia Blakelock

How do I remove a column from a custom report?

This answer refers to TMGv5.15. Don't know if that is the version you are using.

For reports as far as I know TMG only uses the wording "columns or output columns" for the report types "List of..." (Report > List of... > e.g. Events). On Report Definition Screen near the bottom you'll find "Options..". Clicking on it opens Report Options screen and here you find a tab called "Output Columns" where you can select the Output Columns for your report by opening the drop down lists for the fields.

If you want to create a custom report of a different type TMG has an option to select tags to be printed in the report. Select your report type - click on "Options..." button at the bottom of Report Definitions Screen - click on "Tags" tab on Report Options screen - check "Selected" for Tag types and you'll see a list of tags. Now select those specific tags which you want to include in the output for your report.

Hopefully this helps -

Vera

Actually it is the same in v5 as v6. From the v5 manual, p 251:

"To delete a column, right-click on the line that represents the column you want to delete, and select Delete column."

Note you have to have your cursor on the column you want to delete when you right-click.

If that doesn't work for you, let us know.

Virginia

Sorry, my mistake - my version is older than I thought.  Only 3.7!  Off to another forum.

In v4, there was a Delete button on the top menu with 'Delete a Column' on it Or you could use F6. You might try those.

Virginia