eilenej1

Program Won't Exit

My program won't exit. I've tried File / Exit and tried clicking the red X in top right corner. I've also tried to initiate a backup by going to the File menu and that won't work either. I've been using the program for a couple of months and have not encountered this problem before. I'm afraid to force it to shutdown for fear of wrecking my whole project. What is weird is that I can navigate through the people in my project and enter data, but I can't do the exit or backup.

Any tips???

My program won't exit.  I've tried File / Exit and tried clicking the red X in top right corner.  I've also tried to initiate a backup by going to the File menu and that won't work either.  I've been using the program for a couple of months and have not encountered this problem before.  I'm afraid to force it to shutdown for fear of wrecking my whole project.  What is weird is that I can navigate through the people in my project and enter data, but I can't do the exit or backup.

Any tips???

Some things to try:

1 - After you click the red X and nothing happens - go to the Windows menu and select 'Center the Current Window' and see if a hidden window pops up - maybe a prompt to save the layout.

2 - If that does not work: In Preferences > Program Options > Startup and Exit, uncheck both of the 'During exit:' prompts (save layout and backup), click Apply and try exiting again.

3 - If it still won't close, go to Help > Check for a Update. That should shut the program down normally (without losing any data), then you can cancel the update.

Let us know if any of those help.

Virginia

None of those things worked. I finally got brave and did an end task. It seems like everything I did just before the problem is OK.

Thanks for the assistance!

Eilene

None of those things worked.  I finally got brave and did an end task.  It seems like everything I did just before the problem is OK.

Thanks for the assistance!

Eilene

How about Alt-F4?

While your project is open, can you open the Sample project and, at the prompt, tell tmg to close the current project - does that work to close it?

Can you close the Sample project?

Virginia