JanisR

Favorite Filters & Filter Requests

I’ve been following the TMG-L for the past couple years and seen numerous users ask whether there is a place where people could post filters for other users to see. I decided to take a crack at this by collecting filters for a training session on Filters at a meeting of the Roots Users Group (TMG/RUG) of Arlington, VA. Right now, I believe am slated for the March 2006.

Therefore, I am requesting help from the RUG membership, the TMG-L, and the users of the Wholly Genes Community Forum in developing the content for the presentation.

1) Favorites - Please post examples of your favorite/most used/

most helpful filters, either on the TMG-L or on the Wholly Genes

Forum. They can be filters you use for research trips, for clean

up, for reports, for lists, for setting flags, etc. For filters of

List of … reports, if you modify the column output of your report

to include certain information, please give the particulars for

the columns.

2) Requests - Please detail a search you would like a filter for.

You can also email favorite filters to me at MediaLib@rootsusers.org. Requests for filters would be better posted on the TMG-L or on the Forum so they can be developed fully….

I will collect the results, including any filters developed to address the “requests,” and, depending on the volume of the responses received, I will include them in my presentation which will be available on the RUG website afterwards <http://www.rootsusers.org/> as well as in the newsletter.

Thanks for you help and Happy New Year!

Janis Parkison Rodriguez

In Northern Virginia