MikeClark

Fonts in Family View

As a new user with a large high-resolution monitor, I am displaying the various windows at quite a large scale. The online user manual (page 103) suggests that font size can be set in an option under File > Preferences > Program Options > Other - but I am unable to locate a setting in this dialog that refers to fonts. Several of the other windows have similarly over-sized fonts if the windows are expanded.

Is there a way of controlling this setting, please?

QUOTE (MikeClark @ 1 Feb 2006, 11:44 AM)

As a new user with a large high-resolution monitor, I am displaying the various windows at quite a large scale. The online user manual (page 103) suggests that font size can be set in an option under File > Preferences > Program Options > Other - but I am unable to locate a setting in this dialog that refers to fonts. Several of the other windows have similarly over-sized fonts if the windows are expanded.

Is there a way of controlling this setting, please?

In Program Options > Other, there is a setting just above the middle of the window for:

Family View font size

Tree View font size

- with up/down arrows to change the point size.

Could your window be partly off-screen so you are not seeing that area? There are other font controls for Lists and Project Explorer in Program Options.

I also have a large high-res monitor. It's wonderful to have the tmg windows that I use most all open at the same time - and still have room on my screen for my Clipmate software. You can see my layout at:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=14442&view=findpost&p=58147

With the ability to have children and siblings windows open, I rarely use the Family View, but you should be able to set the fonts the size you want them.

Virginia

Edited to update layout to TMG v8.

Very many thanks - I was looking at the wrong "other" category in Preferences. What I assume is that the point size on this dialog box applies when the Family View is at its initial size, and this then expands as you drag the window larger. So with my flat screen a setting of 5 on the dialog box gives a very satisfactory display which looks about what you would normally expect from 12 point or 14 point.

Much appreciated, Mike

Virginia,

I had a look at your layout and it looks pretty similar to mine, but I saw one thing that I REALLY liked. On top right next to the box with the subject name and name of parents there is a little box that contains information such as Soundex, Reference Number, Age, Number of children etc. When looking at this I realize that your Age column is on top. I really like this because it gives you the opportunity to quickly see what a person's age is right now. What confuses me though, is that I can't find information anywhere on how to specify the order of the information in this box. Like how do you get the age column to appear on top? On my installation reference is on top, followed by soundex I think, and the age and number of children doesn't appear until further down.

How did you do it?

Thanks,

Ken.

QUOTE (Virginia Blakelock @ 1 Feb 2006, 09:52 AM)

I also have a large high-res monitor. It's wonderful to have the tmg windows that I use most all open at the same time - and still have room on my screen for my Clipmate software. You can see my layout at:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=14442&view=findpost&p=58147

Edited to update layout to TMG v8

Virginia,

I had a look at your layout and it looks pretty similar to mine, but I saw one thing that I REALLY liked. On top right next to the box with the subject name and name of parents there is a little box that contains information such as Soundex, Reference Number, Age, Number of children etc. When looking at this I realize that your Age column is on top. I really like this because it gives you the opportunity to quickly see what a person's age is right now. What confuses me though, is that I can't find information anywhere on how to specify the order of the information in this box. Like how do you get the age column to appear on top? On my installation reference is on top, followed by soundex I think, and the age and number of children doesn't appear until further down.

How did you do it?

Thanks,

Ken.

That box is the 'Other Info' box. Rightclick while you are in the box and on that rclick menu is an option to Customize the Other Info box. There you can rearrange the order or disable any of the items.

Virginia

Perfect. Thanks alot, Virginia.

Ken.

That box is the 'Other Info' box.  Rightclick while you are in the box and on that rclick menu is an option to Customize the Other Info box.  There you can rearrange the order or disable any of the items.

Virginia