MikeClark

Problem with "Add new person"

Following 10 days of quite intensive use of TMG (UK) v 6.07.000 - producing no problems - the application has started freezing when the "Add new person" menu bar icon is clicked. The whole application then locks, and the only way out is to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete and end task. The system itself (Windows XP) is wholly unaffected, and TMG will immediately re-boot without difficulty or damage to the project. The problem does not occur if the drop-down menu from the Add button on the top menu bar is used instead: the add new person function then works as normal. Exactly the same fault is now occurring on my laptop version of TMG - but this has presumably transferred as one of the settings when the project was moved from one computer to the other using back-up and restore. I have tried re-installing TMG, but this makes no difference, which suggests (to my inexpert mind) that the problem is located in the project data or configuration rather than the software.

Could anyone suggest which setting might be responsible, and how I might reset it?

Very many thanks

Mike Clark

Following 10 days of quite intensive use of TMG (UK) v 6.07.000 - producing no problems - the application has started freezing when the "Add new person" menu bar icon is clicked. The whole application then locks, and the only way out is to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete and end task. The system itself (Windows XP) is wholly unaffected, and TMG will immediately re-boot without difficulty or damage to the project. The problem does not occur if the drop-down menu from the Add button on the top menu bar is used instead: the add new person function then works as normal. Exactly the same fault is now occurring on my laptop version of TMG - but this has presumably transferred as one of the settings when the project was moved from one computer to the other using back-up and restore. I have tried re-installing TMG, but this makes no difference, which suggests (to my inexpert mind) that the problem is located in the project data or configuration rather than the software.

Could anyone suggest which setting might be responsible, and how I might reset it?

Very many thanks

Mike Clark

When it freezes try going to the Window Menu and selecting "Center the current window"...sometimes the window opens behind other windows...

I am always humbled when my baffling problem makes instant sense to someone else! The suggestion worked perfectly, and having once restored the "Add new person" window to the front of the display it seems to re-appear there when the function is used again.

Very many thanks. Mike