Shaundm

Individual Detail Report

Using the individual detail report, I have 5 or so sources against the persons name. When I print the report not all of the sources are shown as it runs out of space and does not increase the row height to accomodate this.

eg its the bit at the top that says

Subject Persons Name ID Nr Sources..........

Any ideas? I attach to show what I mean at the top

TMG_test.pdf

Using the individual detail report, I have 5 or so sources against the persons name.  When I print the report not all of the sources are shown as it runs out of space and does not increase the row height to accomodate this.

eg its the bit at the top that says

Subject         Persons Name       ID Nr   Sources..........

Any ideas? I attach to show what I mean at the top

The report is not working correctly. It should display the sources as superscript numbers (1,2,3 in the screenshot below) which refer to the sources, instead of displaying the actual text of the sources.

Does it look this way if you print to Screen or to Word?

Have you installed the Wholly Genes PDF Driver: Click the Properties button on the report definition screen, and then click Install PDF Printer?

What option have you chosen on the report definition screen for Sources? Footnotes, embedded, etc.?

Looking at your report again, it looks as if you have chosen to show Sources as embedded with parentheses - and that text is showing incorrectly in a superscript font.

Virginia

IndDetx.jpg

Hi

I have the sources embeded, and I have the font set up to be superscript to differentiate between sources and the actual text. It is showing it how it should.

It seems to be working properly with the exception of the text wrapping, which is the problem that I am trying to solve.

Thanks for your help.

Shaun

Hi

I have the sources embeded, and I have the font set up to be superscript to differentiate between sources and the actual text.  It is showing it how it should.

It seems to be working properly with the exception of the text wrapping, which is the problem that I am trying to solve.

Thanks for your help.

Shaun

It does work properly if output to a word processor but then you use the nice formatting with the boxes. It appears that the upper box with that information is not designed to expand and therefore you get no text wrap when outputting to PDF, Screen or Printer...

Hi

I have the sources embeded, and I have the font set up to be superscript to differentiate between sources and the actual text.  It is showing it how it should.

Thanks for your help.

Shaun

Sorry for misunderstanding. I have not run into that particular format, but can see where it could be useful when the sources are not too long.

I agree with Paul that you may have to adjust the box size (it is a .bmp file) in a word processor, that there is probably no provision for expansion to include a second line of text when printing to screen or pdf.

Virginia

Thanks. Now I know that it can't be done I will work around it. I though there may be some setting somewhere but there is not. Never mind.

Thanks for the help and solution.