hscheig

Adding Parents

I have a number of siblings whose parents do not show on their details. I know who the parents are. On one child, I click on father (then mother) and enter the parent ID. The parents show for that child. On the next child, the child tag shows under the parent but not under the child's name on the child's record. How do I make it work for all siblings as it did for the first one?

I have a number of siblings whose parents do not show on their details.  I know who the parents are.  On one child, I click on father (then mother) and enter the parent ID.  The parents show for that child.  On the next child, the child tag shows under the parent but not under the child's name on the child's record.  How do I make it work for all siblings as it did for the first one?

Hi Hank,

are you working with your "fixed project" ;) or with the original one?

Are those children newly added to your project or are they existing ones?

If the later can you please give me a ID # of any of those children where the parents are "missing" so that I may have a look at them.

Vera - I'm using the fixed project. The parent's IDs 168 and 870. The children 171 (it worked for me on 171), 564 (it didn't work for this one), 173, 174, 600, 411 and 183. I didn't try after 564 didn't work. Note the marriage tags for the parents. I did this while I was still learning. Now I would like to correct it.

Hank

Hi Hank,

are you working with your "fixed project"  ;) or with the original one?

Are those children newly added to your project or are they existing ones?

If the later can you please give me a ID # of any of those children where the parents are "missing" so that I may have a look at them.

Vera - I'm using the fixed project.  The parent's IDs 168 and 870.  The children 171 (it worked for me on 171), 564 (it didn't work for this one), 173, 174, 600, 411 and 183.  I didn't try after 564 didn't work.  Note the marriage tags for the parents.  I did this while I was still learning.  Now I would like to correct it.

Hank

OK thanks, will have a look.

OK thanks, will have a look.

Hank - sorry have to dig into details again.

100 % repeatable for me what you reported and I don't think you're doing something wrong.

Will contact you later.

Thanks, Vera, you've found a way to get around my problem. I understand you feel there may be a but in TMG and will follow up on it.

Hank

Thanks, Vera, you've found a way to get around my problem. 

Hank, still working on your issue in that special project.

The workaround I suggested "toggle the Father-Bio tag or the Mother-Bio tag on the child's PV primary" was not good enough, sorry. :unsure:

Will contact you off-list for details.