Peter Goodey

Birth Group - Sentence

I am not an experienced TMG user and may have misunderstood something basic but...

It seems to me that if the sentence associated with the primary birth group tag does not start with [P], things start going wrong.

Specifically, if my primary birth tag sentence starts with [PS] (as in "John Smith's birth was registered..."), I get the name repeated superfluously ie the paragraph reads "John Smith. John Smith's birth was registered...".

I can get something looking a bit more like English by changing the sentence to "John Smith sent his mother round to register..." but that's silly.

Has anyone got any helpful comments?

I am not an experienced TMG user and may have misunderstood something basic but...

It seems to me that if the sentence associated with the primary birth group tag does not start with [P], things start going wrong.

Specifically, if my primary birth tag sentence starts with [PS] (as in "John Smith's birth was registered..."), I get the name repeated superfluously ie the paragraph reads "John Smith. John Smith's birth was registered...".

I can get something looking a bit more like English by changing the sentence to "John Smith sent his mother round to register..." but that's silly.

Has anyone got any helpful comments?

You observation is correct. The standard Journal format begins the section with the full name of the person (not the possessive). Since the birth sentence is the first sentence it normally reads John Smith was born....if you change it to read any other way it will first print the full name and then the sentence as you have set it up...

Normally you would want to print the date of birth not the date the birth was registered which could be different than the actual date of birth...