BigTem

Recovery from dead hard drive

My notebook hard drive died. :( I have a new hard drive and am reinstalling everything. Ugh. My backup was less than 24 hours old so I am in pretty good shape, thank goodness. What is the quickest and easiest way to reinstall TMG v6 Gold? -- from the original installation disk and down load all updates or is there an easier way? My user ID is not my current email address and I don't know how to change it. Thanks. Tem Moody moodyrg@nctv.com

My notebook hard drive died.  :(  I have a new hard drive and am reinstalling everything.  Ugh.  My backup was less than 24 hours old so I am in pretty good shape, thank goodness.  What is the quickest and easiest way to reinstall TMG v6 Gold? -- from the original installation disk and down load all updates or is there an easier way?  My user ID is not my current email address and I don't know how to change it.  Thanks.  Tem Moody  moodyrg@nctv.com

Go to the WG site and download the current demo. This is the current version of TMG6. Use you TMG6 unlock code to unlock it and you're good to go...

My user ID is not my current email address and I don't know how to change it. 

After you re-install as Paul described, you unlock with your existing code. You must enter the same e-mail address that you used when you got that code, as they are linked. But, that e-mail only shows in the Help > About screen, so it's not really a big deal.

If you want your e-mail to appear in the "prepared by" section of reports, enter you current e-mail in Preferences > Current Project Options > General.