ebharlowe

Picklist issues

I used the restore feature to move data backed up on my old computer (using TMG v. 5) to my new computer with TMG v. 6. The picklist will only show the names entered on the new computer and v.6., yet when I search by ID number, the other folks are there. Is there a way to merge the old picklist and the new one?

When you open TMG and then use

File > Data Set Manager

1) Does the top list in the DSM show that you have 2 (o more) data sets?

2) Does one of them have a tick, the other no tick?

Select the one without a tick and press [Enable].

Explanation: when you restored you old v5 data, it went into a second data set, but you did not enable that data set when you completed the restore.

You may also have left the restored data set in "Locked" mode (like padlock in the top list of the DSM). If you ever want to edit those records, they must be unlocked by the [unlock] button (not reversable!).

Close the DSM and try the Picklist. Does the selector at the top of the Picklist screen say "All data sets", if not select that value.

Now you should see all the persons. If all of the above doesn't make sense, then my assumption about your problem was wrong - sorry.

There is only one data set listed in the data manager. It is called "My Data Set" and has a tick next to it. This data set appears unlocked.

Thanks in advance for any further ideas.

Brooke

I used the restore feature to move data backed up on my old computer (using TMG v. 5) to my new computer with TMG v. 6.  The picklist will only show the names entered on the new computer and v.6., yet when I search by ID number, the other folks are there.  Is there a way to merge the old picklist and the new one?

Did you try:

File> Maintenance> Verify File Integrity ? If not fixed then try Optimize?

I know it checks (and hopefully fixes) the index

If that doesn't do it, I'm out of ideas.

Mike Talbot