fafield

Quicktracks Plugin Problem

When requesting a report and at various other times I get an error message involving Windows install for Quicktracks Plugin. I can continue only after cancelling this install window several times. The Plugin seems to be connected with an audio track utility related to my Pinnacle video editing program. I am willing to delete this plugin if that will avoid this interuption. I am assuming that TMG does not need this plugin (?). Can anyone advise me on this?

TIA,

fafield

I am having the same problem, has anyone got the answer to this queston?

The problem is not limited to TMG and Quicktracks. There have been hundreds of reports on Google recently about various install programs popping up in various other programs. Search Google for 'quicktracks plugin problem' or 'quicktracks install problem' for suggested fixes.

Virginia

Here, from Smart Sound suplport is the answer to this question, I have tried it and it works:

The Quicktracks installer returns error 1316, error 1603 or error 1706

By SmartSound

These errors are caused by the Windows Installer. Please follow these steps carefully as they will resolve the problem.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Save your work and Exit all programs that are running.

1. Download and install the Windows Installer Clean-up Utility.

2. Download the Windows TempCleaner to your desktop.

3. Run the Windows Installer Clean-up Utility by clicking the Windows Start button, selecting All Programs and then clicking the Windows Install Cleanup icon. Select and remove Only the SmartSound Quicktracks Plug-in. Once done, browse to C:|Program Files|SmartSound Software and delete the Quicktracks folder.

4. Restart your computer. When ready (and before you run any programs), double-click the TempCleaner.exe file you saved to your desktop.

5. Download, save and run the SmartSound Quicktracks Update.

6. Once installed, Run your video editing software (Pinnacle, Ulead, Avid or CyberLink) and test to see that it is working. Print

Related Articles: How do I reinstall music which I purchased and downloaded using the Maestro?, Every time I launch a program, I get a message about QuicktracksPlugin.msi

Article added 07/27/2005, last revised 12/28/2006.

This article has been viewed 64818 times, averaging 122 readers per day.

The progtram I was using that caused the error was Ulead Movie Factory. Note however, that video products from Pinnacle, Avid or Cyberlink call also cause this problem