jreusser

Cannot print report to word or rtf (v6.07 and 6.08)

When I try to print a report to a file ("word for windows 2000 or later" or "rich text format") I get an error message (see attached) that says the file wpt.sp1 (or one of its components) cannot be found. This file is present in the folder TMG is looking in.

Also, I've checked to make sure that the autoexec.nt (and associated files) are present in my system folder. All files appear to be accounted for.

I am unable to uninstall TMG (the install.log file apparently can't be found by the uninstall program tho I can find it) so I can't do a clean install. I have reinstalled v6.07 to see if that works - no such luck.

Anybody got any ideas?

Jennifer

Error16bit_v608.bmp

When I try to print a report to a file ("word for windows 2000 or later" or "rich text format") I get an error message (see attached) that says the file wpt.sp1 (or one of its components) cannot be found. This file is present in the folder TMG is looking in.

Also, I've checked to make sure that the autoexec.nt (and associated files) are present in my system folder. All files appear to be accounted for.

I am unable to uninstall TMG (the install.log file apparently can't be found by the uninstall program tho I can find it) so I can't do a clean install. I have reinstalled v6.07 to see if that works - no such luck.

Anybody got any ideas?

Jennifer

Sounds like wpt.sp1 may be a Wordport (TMG's 3rd party doc format converter) file? Perhaps it is an 8.3, or too many levels of file folders, problem? Perhaps wpt.sp1 is a service pack and needs to be installed?

John

Sounds like wpt.sp1 may be a Wordport (TMG's 3rd party doc format converter) file? Perhaps it is an 8.3, or too many levels of file folders, problem? Perhaps wpt.sp1 is a service pack and needs to be installed?

John

It was an installation problem - apparently something didn't install properly when I installed TMG. I've fixed this problem by scrubbing my system of TMG and reinstalling it in Windows Safe Mode (without the AV running since I think that's probably what did it).

Thanks for the suggestions.

No to try and fix the next problem: "Conversion Error #3: Could not create or open CONV_LOG.TXT on scratch drive." when creating an rtf or word report using the sample project and default settings....