Brad Miller

Check for Duplicates problem

I am having trouble getting the results I desire in the Check for Duplicate People tool. I am using TMG 5.15. I have created three duplicate persons unrelated to the others in the database which I am using for testing. These three have Given names and Surnames which are exact duplicates to three others in the database. Here is the criteria I am using:

Summary = default settings

Surnames = have same soundex, don't match if unknown

Given names = have same soundex, don't match if unknown, Evaluate first name only

Birth, Death & Parents are not evaluated

Filters = All people

Using these settings 1113 pairs of duplicates are returned, but the three test cases are not. They are not excluded pairs.

When I change the Given Name criteria to "have same first letter", then I receive 4793 pairs of duplicates and three test cases are found. One of them is:

Jon Bradley Miller (1)

Birth: Jun 29, 1970, Lewistown Hospital, Lewistown, PA

Death:

Father: Daryl Ethan Miller (4)

Mother: Carol Lucille Winger (5)

Jon B. Miller (2016)

Birth:

Death:

Father: Daryl Miller (2017)

Mother: Carol Winger (2018)

2016, 2017 & 2018 are my test persons. They are duplicate to persons 1, 4 & 5 and should all be identified as duplicates even if I choose identical spelling. Incidentally if I set both Surnames & Given names to identical spelling I receive 537 pairs, but these three are still not identified. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Brad Miller

Edited by Brad Miller