michelec

Should I be using external exhibits?

Hi Everyone!

I use Heritage Quest's censuses and each time I find a census page with the folks I'm looking for, I download the page as a PDF file and save it in my "Census" directory on my hard drive.

Then, I make a Source for that page in the Master Source List.

My question is, should I be using external exhibits to connect each PDF file to the Source in the Master Source List? I've never used external exhibits.

Thanks!

Michele

Hi Everyone!

I use Heritage Quest's censuses and each time I find a census page with the folks I'm looking for, I download the page as a PDF file and save it in my "Census" directory on my hard drive.

Then, I make a Source for that page in the Master Source List.

My question is, should I be using external exhibits to connect each PDF file to the Source in the Master Source List? I've never used external exhibits.

Thanks!

Michele

I can't speak for anyone but myself on ths issue, but personally I only add the external exhibit to the census tag I enter after finding the page. For me I wanted an easy way to see the exhibit from the person view and this seemed the best way since i pretty much sit on the fence as to wether the census is an event or a source.

If you do want to attach the files I found if I download the tiff files from Haritage Quest, they can be entered as imaged in tmg and they are smaller then the pdf files for the same quality, at least on my monitor.