I have downloaded the Demo, and I realize it's a very comprehensive program. I'm sure it can do what I want, but I need a little guidance.

I have added several family members (my parents and my two siblings).

I have a photo of myself with my father, on vacation, dated August 1967.

I created a tag type for VACATIONS.

I added a tag to my father, indicating that he went on Vacation in August 1967, and added myself as a WITNESS (and now this tag appears in my detail, which I love).

With my father as the individual, I linked to the photo, and designated it as an EVENT.

How do I link the specific tag to the specific photo?

Marion in Rochester

EDITED: OK. I figured it out. It's wonderful

Edited by mtpaper

With my father as the individual, I linked to the photo, and designated it as an EVENT.

I'm not sure what you meant by that. When you open the Exhibit Log from the Person View and link an exhibit, it's linked to the person. When you open an event Tag Entry screen and then open the Exhibit Log from that tag and link an exhibit, it's linked to the event.

Keep in mind that if you link an image multiple times (event, person, etc.), when you generate a Journal report, for example, the same image might appear in the report multiple times.

I've been playing around, and yes, I realize that when I link a photo to multiple people or events, that the photo will appear multiple times in Journal (and other) reports.

I decided that's ok; it's fairly easy to edit out the photo in Word or WordPerfect.

Marion