JohnJ

Displaying "witnessed" tags

Suppose Fred is added as a witness to a tag for Jill. Then this tag appears for Fred in one of two forms: either the tag type is "Witness" and the real tag type appears in the Name/Place area, or the tag type is the same as entered for Jill and the Name/Place area starts with (w). I like the latter representation - how do I make that the default?

It's controlled independently for each Tag Type. Open the Tag Type Definition screen (from the Tag Type List) for the Tag Type you want to change, and go to the "Other" tab. The selection in the upper left box controls the display for Witnesses.

Suppose Fred is added as a witness to a tag for Jill. Then this tag appears for Fred in one of two forms: either the tag type is "Witness" and the real tag type appears in the Name/Place area, or the tag type is the same as entered for Jill and the Name/Place area starts with (w). I like the latter representation - how do I make that the default?

Go to the Master Tag Type List

Select the tag

Click on Edit

Select the Other tab

To control what appears in the Type column, under "Display witnessed tags" select "Using the label above"

To control what appears for witnesses under the Name/Place column, under "Display roles for" check or uncheck "Witnesses"