Kerry Farmer

missing images in secondary output project

When I use the List of People report to create a new project with only a subset of the people, some images aren't carried across (most are though).

I have all images in a folder TMGPics under My Documents/My Pictures/ . I have that folder listed as my Exhibit folder under Preferences- Current Project - Advanced.

When I look at the Exhibit Log for an individual whose photo is not carried across, there is only one photo, marked as the primary exhibit. The "save as" line reflects the folder where I have that photo stored, and the image does appear in my original project.

When I use List of People report to create a new project, I find that the Exhibit folder in the new project does not reflect that my TMGPics folder (under My Documents) but the TMG default.

In my original project I have tried going into the Exhibit Log & "Refresh All Thumbnails". It tells me that "74 thumbnails were created. 2 external images were not found." Now so far I haven't found which 2 external images those are, however there are 6 images that do not carry across to the new project, not 2.

What is puzzling is that most of the images do appear in the created project, and I can't find anything different about the ones that do not.

Thanks for any assistance

Kerry

When I look at the Exhibit Log for an individual whose photo is not carried across, there is only one photo, marked as the primary exhibit. The "save as" line reflects the folder where I have that photo stored, and the image does appear in my original project.

That doesn't make sense. If the path is correct and the file exists, the image should display. There is some more information needed here.

When I use List of People report to create a new project, I find that the Exhibit folder in the new project does not reflect that my TMGPics folder (under My Documents) but the TMG default.

When you create a new project, you need to set the preferences for that new project.

In my original project I have tried going into the Exhibit Log & "Refresh All Thumbnails". It tells me that "74 thumbnails were created. 2 external images were not found." Now so far I haven't found which 2 external images those are, however there are 6 images that do not carry across to the new project, not 2.

To identify missing external exhibits...

Go to Preferences and turn off the thumbnails.

Current Project Options / Advanced / untick 'Save image thumbnails'

Run optimize to remove the thumbnails from the data tables.

File / Maintenance / Optimize

Open the Exhibit Log.

Change the focus to 'All exhibits'

Look for the two with a frowny face icon.

Select each.

Look in the lower right of the Exhibit Log to identify how the exhibit is

used.

Right-click and select Properties.

Look at the path at the bottom of the General tab to identify the file.

Once done, go back to Preferences and re-enable thumbnails.

Also, you should use the Validate File Integrity / Exhibits tool to find missing exhibits. However, in v6.09, it has a bug if multiple paths are selected for the search.

Also, after running the VFI exhibits tool, check the Last_VFI.log in your program folder. Missing exhibits are noted at the top of the file.

Also, you should use the Validate File Integrity / Exhibits tool to find missing exhibits. However, in v6.09, it has a bug if multiple paths are selected for the search.

Also, after running the VFI exhibits tool, check the Last_VFI.log in your program folder. Missing exhibits are noted at the top of the file.

Thanks, that helped. I had discovered that if I deleted the images that appeared in the image exhibit log, and then inserted a new image & put them back, that they then did copy across to the newly created secondary output project. After I ran the Validate File Integrity & it said that 2 exhibits were missing (which I'd done before) this time by checking the Last_VFI.log I found which 2 exhibits they were.

For those people I deleted their images, and then added them again & then ran the VFI again & this time it said all exhibits found.

Many thanks

Kerry