sam.m

Truncation on Flag columns for "List of Event Reports"

Can someone check this please.

I created a "List of Event Reports" and trying to create a CSV report including the my custom Flags

eg: PATERNAL_ADDRESS#1

I label the output column Heading to "Prin1 PATERNAL_ADDRESS#1 Flag" and output column width of 30 character.

When I view the output of the CSV the Flag columns is truncated to 10 characters and shows a different outputs name eg:in this case as "prin1pater".

Any Ideas?

Thankyou

Sam

I had no problem setting up 30-character wide flag column and having it stick and show up in the output 30 characters wide. However, a flag is a single-character attribute. It seems wasteful to have a 30-character column for 1-character data. You should have a short creative heading label for your column and minimize the column width. Even 10 characters seems like too much wasted white space to me.

Jim,

The labels I requested to be output are not? Why?

Experimenting I see it affects all "heading" column labels for output to csv and limits you to 10 characters, the label you choose is ignored and changed according to some undisplayed rules, some examples:

- The default label of "Addressee" with a capital "A", outputs as "addressee" with a lower case "A"

- I create a label of "Print_My_informative_Label_please" and it outputs "printmyinf" changing case and if any label is identical for the first 10 characters it makes the 10th character a number

Can someone check this please?

The labels I requested to be output are not? Why?

Experimenting I see it affects all "heading" column labels for output to csv and limits you to 10 characters...

Sorry. I missed the CSV part. Yes, that's the case and clearly appears to be by design. It happens with output to any spreadsheet format.