helen610

Program hangs up

When I click on to any tool bar or menu item, everything is greyed out and the program is completely inoperable. Even the X/exit is grey. They only way to leave the program is through task manager. The problem occurred after I entered a significant amount of data and changed some report configurations---normal operations. Any suggestions?

Helen

When I click on to any tool bar or menu item, everything is greyed out and the program is completely inoperable. Even the X/exit is grey. They only way to leave the program is through task manager. The problem occurred after I entered a significant amount of data and changed some report configurations---normal operations. Any suggestions?

Helen

Helen

Hmm. Yesterday I found myself in Windows Display>>Appearance trying to adjust my Taskbar size back to default following some monkeying around in another program. This was after playing with the magnifier and before some buttons disappeared in the other "old" program. And before I read of someone fixing another problem in that same program by unchecking Win9x "Compatibility Mode"

There is a note in display Properties about the interaction of non "Windows Classic" themes with older programs. You might have a look in Display properties and see if it is some global setting. Then make sure compatibility mode is unchecked, whereever that is located.

I figured out what happened here. About a month ago I had a major problem that required formatting the C drive and reinstalling all the software. (I knew I would appreciate the time it took to back up data.) When I reinstalled TMG, I must have done something wrong with the serial number input, either bypassing it or inputting an error. It has been exactly 30 days since I reinstalled my software. I uninstalled and reinstalled, this time paying close attention to the serial number, and all seems to be working well.

Helen :D

When I click on to any tool bar or menu item, everything is greyed out and the program is completely inoperable. Even the X/exit is grey. They only way to leave the program is through task manager.

This occasionally happens when a screen you need to close somehow gets hidden behind another screen. TMG is waiting for you to close the screen you can't see.

First, try clicking on any visible part of all partly hidden screens. If one comes to the top, close it, and all should be well.

If this fails, generally using Help > Check for Update will successfully close the program, more gracefully than Task Manager, so try that next.

Of course, the active screen should not "hide" behind others, and when the sequence that causes it is found the problem can be fixed by the developers, as a number have. The few cases that have been found recently involve a complex set of steps to trigger the problem.

This occasionally happens when a screen you need to close somehow gets hidden behind another screen. TMG is waiting for you to close the screen you can't see.

First, try clicking on any visible part of all partly hidden screens. If one comes to the top, close it, and all should be well.

If this fails, generally using Help > Check for Update will successfully close the program, more gracefully than Task Manager, so try that next.

Of course, the active screen should not "hide" behind others, and when the sequence that causes it is found the problem can be fixed by the developers, as a number have. The few cases that have been found recently involve a complex set of steps to trigger the problem.

One other thing you can try is go to Menu>Window and select Center Current Window which may not be grayed out...this will bring the active screen to the front and you can close it...