tvedgar

Upgrade from ver 2 to Ver 6

Hello,

A little history about this request. I purchased a copy of TMG 1 for my cousin in the early '90s. He started working with it, and over time, had 1200-1500 names in it. During this time, we upgraded him to Fer 2.

He is a true computerphobic. He never wanted to switch to Windows, and never wanted to buy another computer. (Nor make data backups....too confusing.) Consequently, he quit working on the database and went back to paper. Finally, this summer, he decided its time to publish the book. He realized that he needed an upgrade, so has purchased a new computer (I hope with a DVD, but he didn't remember).

He will have someone who will help him transfer files from his DOS machine to a new one (glad its not me), but I need to know if Fer 6 will be able to read the file structure of the old DOS versions. I am more than happy to purchase the Gold version, I just had to wait until he got a machine that could handle the Windows program.

Thanks for your help.

Thom Edgar

v6 can't import a v2 database directly. The v2 database will need to be sent to support@whollygenes.com for help with the update to v6.