SherryC

Error message using GenBridge

Hello all!

I am trying to import my data from Generations 8.6 via GenBridge. It goes through the process and is finishing when I get this message ...

" Numeric overflow. Data was lost. OGBIMPSOURCE"

After retrying, ignore or Abort I get this message ...

"An error happened when opening the data tables ... File C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist\\SAMPLE_DNA.dbf not found"

I am now attempting GEDCOM...

GEDCOM works but it isn't a pretty picture of orderly data :wacko:

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sherry

Edited by SherryC

Hello all!

I am trying to import my data from Generations 8.6 via GenBridge. It goes through the process and is finishing when I get this message ...

" Numeric overflow. Data was lost. OGBIMPSOURCE"

After retrying, ignore or Abort I get this message ...

"An error happened when opening the data tables ... File C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist\\SAMPLE_DNA.dbf not found"

I am now attempting GEDCOM...

GEDCOM works but it isn't a pretty picture of orderly data :wacko:

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sherry

Hi, Sherry -

I found an earlier message about a Generations import that might be helpful - although it does not address the error messages you are getting. That thread is at:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...ost&p=22018

Also in TMG Help, search for 'Generation Import'.

If none of that helps, you may want to contact tech support directly. Go to whollygenes.com and click on the tech support icon at the upper right to leave an e-mail message - or speak directly during their working hours.

Virginia

Thank you for the reply Virginia! I do appreciate it.

I searched the site and tried all methods mentioned and I have now written to Tech Support. I also wrote to the fellow that wrote before to see if he accomplished the task.

Unfortunately, it's beginning to look like I will have to make a computer dedicated to Generations just so I will have access to my data :(

Sherry

Sherry,

Got the same import errors that you did. I then repaired both Generations databases in Generation 8.5a. And was able to import both databases.

The import issue was the Generations databases. I've mailed the repaired Generations databases and the TMG projects created from importing the databases to you directly.

Jim

As I emailed Jim, you are a treasure!!! I can't thank you enough.

I am now deep into editing sources before heading down other paths but the fact that I can now do something with my data after years of neglect is wondrous.

A VERY happy person!!!

Sherry :D

Edited by SherryC