Helmut Leininger

Wishlist - sort names

Hi,

I would like TMG to set automatically the sort name and surname when adding a new person. I just do not want to have to open the person's properties again just to do some clicks to set the sort names.

Regards

Helmut

Hi,

I would like TMG to set automatically the sort name and surname when adding a new person. I just do not want to have to open the person's properties again just to do some clicks to set the sort names.

Regards

Helmut

There are two sort names, SortGiven and SortSurname...to the best of my knowledge they both are filled in automatically from the Given and Surname entered...do you have an example where they are not?

There are two sort names, SortGiven and SortSurname...to the best of my knowledge they both are filled in automatically from the Given and Surname entered...do you have an example where they are not?

Totally agree - both are filled in automatically.

Helmut,

is it possible that you changed the "Add Person" template (Add new Person > Setup > Tab "Tag types" > section "Show these data entry field...") so that the fields "SortSurname" and "SortGiven" no longer show up on that screen when you enter a new person.

If I remember it correct from a former discussion on the German TMG User List you're using custom name styles, right Helmut? May be in that context "you switched the display of those fields in the Add person template once off" because of "special character sorting issues" you had regarding the way they sort?

But anyway even that makes no difference to the basic routine that both fields are filled in automatically.

Otherwise there will i.e. be sorting issues in the Project Explorer and / or the Picklist.

Topic closed.

Helmut and I worked directly on his project and discovered an "Add Person Template" issue.

After that was fixed everything works like it should now - say the "SortNames" are filled in automatically.

Thanks for your support, Helmut. :)