loribragg

No Box Charts creatable

When I choose a chart to create the top menu goes grey - as though it is going to put up a report option window or a VCF chart but nothing else happens. No menu items work on TMG; when I hit ESC I can get back to using TMG but I cannot create any reports... Wait, I can't create box-type charts, only list-type. The only thing I've changed recently is loading 6.10 and 6.11 and I'm fairly sure the reports worked after that. Also, I create a custom menu and brought up bookmark manager and looked at it. That's it. I've booted my machine to clear any junk. Any other ideas?

When I choose a chart to create the top menu goes grey - as though it is going to put up a report option window or a VCF chart but nothing else happens. No menu items work on TMG; when I hit ESC I can get back to using TMG but I cannot create any reports... Wait, I can't create box-type charts, only list-type. The only thing I've changed recently is loading 6.10 and 6.11 and I'm fairly sure the reports worked after that. Also, I create a custom menu and brought up bookmark manager and looked at it. That's it. I've booted my machine to clear any junk. Any other ideas?

You might try 'Center the Current Window' on the Window Menu in case the report definition screen has opened behind your layout where you can't see it. You can also close some layout windows to check for that.

If that doesn't help, try to open vcf.exe directly from the tmg folder just to see if it is working all right.

Is the problem the same whether you use the Report menu or an icon on the toolbar?

Virginia

You might try 'Center the Current Window' on the Window Menu in case the report definition screen has opened behind your layout where you can't see it. You can also close some layout windows to check for that.

If that doesn't help, try to open vcf.exe directly from the tmg folder just to see if it is working all right.

Is the problem the same whether you use the Report menu or an icon on the toolbar?

Virginia

Same from menu or toolbar; VCF opens fine by itself; tried calling report while VCF was open, noluck. Then I figured out what you meant about the layout windows and poof! there it was! You saved me!

Thanks, Lori

Same from menu or toolbar; VCF opens fine by itself; tried calling report while VCF was open, noluck. Then I figured out what you meant about the layout windows and poof! there it was! You saved me!

Thanks, Lori

Good. I'm glad it was an easy fix. Occasionally a tmg window will open behind your layout windows and is waiting for your response (thus the dimmed menus). 'Center the Current Window' will normally bring such a window to the forefront, and usually fixes the problem permanently for that particular window.

Virginia