Helmut Leininger

First start of TMG v6.11 fails

Hi,

Nearly every day, the first start of TMG v6.11 fails. It sortly shows the message box about searching for an update and then terminates without further notice. Subsequent starts are ok.

I attach the configuration file in case it helps.

Regards

Helmut

Hi,

Nearly every day, the first start of TMG v6.11 fails. It sortly shows the message box about searching for an update and then terminates without further notice. Subsequent starts are ok.

I attach the configuration file in case it helps.

Regards

Helmut

Helmut,

I assume something went wrong with your attachment. :huh:

So please check the "app.ini" file in your main folder where TMG is installed. Please open it with a text editor.

That file starts with the section [startup] and here you'll find: "CheckUpdateDays" and "CheckMessageDays" please change the "value" for both of them to "0" (zero).

When TMG is running you can also apply those settings via:

File > Preferences > Program Options > Startup and Exit > "Check the web site for an update every .... days" and "Check for messages every ... days".

Please re-check tomorrow and let us know if that helped.

BTW "The Check for an Update routine" will always shut down / close TMG automatically. That's normal and valid behavior.

From your description....

after TMG shuts down / closes you should see another window "Check for Updates to The Master Genealogist" with different options how to procede.

Don't you get that? :unsure:

Edited by Vera Nagel

BTW "The Check for an Update routine" will always shut down / close TMG automatically. That's normal and valid behavior.

That is true if you trigger a "manual" check for updates from the help menu. TMG terminates, checks and restarts.

I don't think that just terminating TMG in case of an automatic check is a correct/wanted behaviour. At least, it has not been before.

From your description....

after TMG shuts down / closes you should see another window "Check for Updates to The Master Genealogist" with different options how to procede.

Don't you get that? :unsure:

No, there is no other window (at least if no updates have been found) in case of automatic check. There is in case of a manual check.

Trying to re-attach the cofiguration file

Here at last the config. It was a problem of suffixes.

Helmut

app.zip