Spider

Reports

I have just Loaded V6 and the report files will not fit my screen to the extent I can reach the control buttons at the bottom -- I know stupid question - I have tried different layouts but the Icon bars at the top give me no room for the controls

HELP!!

I have just Loaded V6 and the report files will not fit my screen to the extent I can reach the control buttons at the bottom -- I know stupid question - I have tried different layouts but the Icon bars at the top give me no room for the controls

HELP!!

Three things to try:

If you have the default toolbar (Large buttons with text) try small buttons (View > Toolbars > Small buttons). That will give you a little more room.

In Preferences > Program Options > General, uncheck 'Show status bar'. A little more room at the bottom now.

Grab a corner of the report definition screen and drag it toward the middle of that screen to make it smaller. Then you should be able to move it up on the screen to see the control buttons.

If that does not do it, let us know.

What screen resolution are you using?

Virginia

Thanks for your prompt reply -- I had done part of this, will go forward with the other-- as to resolution -- 800x600 but is that not applicable to color only?

Thanks for your prompt reply -- I had done part of this, will go forward with the other-- as to resolution -- 800x600 but is that not applicable to color only?

It relates to the amount of pixels on your screen. 800x 600 is rather low for modern monitors. Some parts of TMG don't "fit" if you have a low resolution. Try changing you screen settings to 1024x 768