half pint

URGENT TMG DOWNLOAD NEEDED FROM MY COMPUTER

Hi

I have to have my computer re formatted and so need to take TMG off my computer and then reload when completed.

Can I just burn it to a cd or do I have to do anything else.

Please please help.

Regards

Lin

Hi

I have to have my computer re formatted and so need to take TMG off my computer and then reload when completed.

Can I just burn it to a cd or do I have to do anything else.

Please please help.

Regards

Lin

You do not need to burn the TMG program to a CD. You will have to reinstall the program after you reformat - and the easiest way to do that is to download the latest trial version from the Wholly Genes web site and then enter your registration information. You should of course have a full backup of your project, exhibits, and settings saved to a CD or other medium before you reformat.

Be sure you have a copy of your TMG registration number. If you don't have the original email from TMG with that info, there is an easy way to copy and save into a text file your registration information:

- In TMG, go to Help > Technical Support.

- Click on the Trouble Report button

- You are given the option to open that file. At the top is your complete registration information including your original e-mail address (which you will need). Give the file a new name and save it as a text file outside of TMG. You can Copy and Paste from that file. Or just print out the trouble report and keep it handy. Some people also copy the registration information into their project memo; then you just have to open your project into the trial version and copy/paste the registration information.

Good luck with the reformat. Let us know if you run into any problems reinstalling TMG.

Virginia

You do not need to burn the TMG program to a CD. You will have to reinstall the program after you reformat - and the easiest way to do that is to download the latest trial version from the Wholly Genes web site and then enter your registration information. You should of course have a full backup of your project, exhibits, and settings saved to a CD or other medium before you reformat.

Be sure you have a copy of your TMG registration number. If you don't have the original email from TMG with that info, there is an easy way to copy and save into a text file your registration information:

- In TMG, go to Help > Technical Support.

- Click on the Trouble Report button

- You are given the option to open that file. At the top is your complete registration information including your original e-mail address (which you will need). Give the file a new name and save it as a text file outside of TMG. You can Copy and Paste from that file. Or just print out the trouble report and keep it handy. Some people also copy the registration information into their project memo; then you just have to open your project into the trial version and copy/paste the registration information.

Good luck with the reformat. Let us know if you run into any problems reinstalling TMG.

Virginia

Hi

As you can see, I now have my pc back and running wonderfully. It went away last weekend and came back an hour ago. Phew, and all because we had a power cut and I let a "computer engineer" have a look at fixing it, well the polite version is that it cost me £200 and an urgent call through to someone else to repair his damage.

Many thanks for your help it was invaluable but now I have another problem. I did as you suggested and downloaded the free trial version and imported my back up to it but it won't let me unlock with my validation key.

On the form it does say to enter my initial information ie email address and I have since changed this, would this be the cause of my problem?

Regards

Half Pint

Hi

As you can see, I now have my pc back and running wonderfully. It went away last weekend and came back an hour ago. Phew, and all because we had a power cut and I let a "computer engineer" have a look at fixing it, well the polite version is that it cost me £200 and an urgent call through to someone else to repair his damage.

Many thanks for your help it was invaluable but now I have another problem. I did as you suggested and downloaded the free trial version and imported my back up to it but it won't let me unlock with my validation key.

On the form it does say to enter my initial information ie email address and I have since changed this, would this be the cause of my problem?

Regards

Half Pint

You have to enter the email address you used when you bought v6. That email address is tied to the serial number.

I'm glad to hear you have your computer up and running again!

Virginia

You have to enter the email address you used when you bought v6. That email address is tied to the serial number.

I'm glad to hear you have your computer up and running again!

Virginia

Hi Virginia

No tis still not working, even when I copy and paste from my confirmation email.

Regards

Half Pint

Hi Virginia

No tis still not working, even when I copy and paste from my confirmation email.

Regards

Half Pint

It is the v6 registration email, not v5? If you are copying and pasting, make sure there are no spaces or extraneous characters on either side of the pasted info. Exactly the same name as in the email?

Virginia

It is the v6 registration email, not v5? If you are copying and pasting, make sure there are no spaces or extraneous characters on either side of the pasted info. Exactly the same name as in the email?

Virginia

Hi

Sorry to be a pain. I copied and pasted my names and email address exactly as they were in the confirmation email, but how do I get around the fact that I am in v6 and not v5

Regards

Half Pint

Hi

Sorry to be a pain. I copied and pasted my names and email address exactly as they were in the confirmation email, but how do I get around the fact that I am in v6 and not v5

Regards

Half Pint

Hi, Lin -

You should use the registration information from the confirmation email you got for v6. If you don't have it, tech support can look it up for you. You can leave a message for them or give them a call on Monday - use the 'telephone' graphic at the top right of the www.whollygenes.com web page.

Please don't feel like you're 'being a pain'! This problem comes up a lot; sometimes it's a simple solution and other times tech support has to come to the rescue.

Virginia

Hi, Lin -

You should use the registration information from the confirmation email you got for v6. If you don't have it, tech support can look it up for you. You can leave a message for them or give them a call on Monday - use the 'telephone' graphic at the top right of the www.whollygenes.com web page.

Please don't feel like you're 'being a pain'! This problem comes up a lot; sometimes it's a simple solution and other times tech support has to come to the rescue.

Virginia

Hi Virginia

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you but I have been waiting for the the reply to my Trouble Report.

Well I am now up and running at full power !!!!!!!

Apparently they originally sent me an incorrect validation key, which I had forgotten about.

I must say everyone at Wholly Genes and on this forum are always very helpful as well as being cheerful.

Again, many thanks for your help but no doubt I will be asking for your help again before long.

Regards

Lin