LornaHenderson

'XML' is not found

When I start up TMG on my laptop after a reboot, I sometimes/mostly get the above error message when it is running query message at initialisation.

Running the message Manager from the Help menu runs fine. As does start up in the same session without a reboot.

This is WITH an internet connection, which isn't always in place when starting up a laptop.

Hitting abort or ignore seems to work.

Trying to replicate this on demand I couldn't make it happen, probably cos the manager had just run and my preferences were set to 7 days.

But error.txt shows entries for today, 2 for yesterday, 1 for 3 days ago, and also a

1925Unknown member ROTMPOBJ 9 MENUOBJTMG.MADDTAG back on the 19th (no idea what happened then).

So the 7 day thing must be a red herring.

Has never happened on the desktop, and although I try to keep the two configured as alike as possible, this isn't always the case.

Just another quirky issue, not a biggie at all, at least to me.

Hi, Lorna -

There's just been a thread on the tmg list about this ...

Virginia

woops, forgot to check there, I've stopped subscribing (to most lists) in an attempt to get my email back under control, and only drop in from time to time these days.

Will see what I can find.

I've checked the TMG list.

The symptoms Fran describes seem identical to mine.

I didn't have a [MessageManager] section in my app.ini.

I've put one in as Jim suggested but as I don't restart TMG that often it could be a while before I notice whether or not anything has changed, and if it fixes it, I guess I'll never notice!

I can add that it has just happened on my desktop, internet available.

Hadn't bothered putting [MessageManager] in the desktop app.ini but will do so in case it makes a difference

Hasn't happened on the laptop since the above posting.