Nick Shelley

Pdf printer driver - to include images?

As my report outputs grow in size, Word has given up on me and refuses to play ball. However Adobe Reader is still hanging in there and will read everything in the pdf report which TMG creates ...

except for the fact that none of the exhibits (here, images) are included. Is there any chance that a future pdf printer driver will support this feature?

Nick

It has nothing to do with the PDF driver. Image output for narrative reports is supported by the word processing library and only for reports to Word, RTF, WordPerfect and HTML. You might try outputting to RTF and see if that circumvents Word's limits.

Jim,

Is this a technical issue that images are not sent to pdf or something that simply could be altered by ticking a different box?

Nick

It has nothing to do with the PDF driver. Image output for narrative reports is supported by the word processing library and only for reports to Word, RTF, WordPerfect and HTML. You might try outputting to RTF and see if that circumvents Word's limits.

Don't know the answer to that so I can't give a precise answer. The word processing library doesn't appear to support PDF output. My understanding is that the existing PDF output does not use the word processing library.

Hmmm! Thanks, Jim

I think I understand the distinction! Although as the pdf driver is receiving its input from some sub-program, what a shame it can't be given the odd image to play with.

By the way, I tried rtf and after an hour or so, the report crashed (although TMG didn't).

Thanks anyway

Nick

Don't know the answer to that so I can't give a precise answer. The word processing library doesn't appear to support PDF output. My understanding is that the existing PDF output does not use the word processing library.