dbm

This day in my family history...

Is it possible to enter in a date, say July 26, and get a list of all the events (or specific events e.g. births, deaths, etc.) that took place on that date for either a complete data set or a select group of individuals? I thought it might be interesting to have a "This day in my family history" feature.

I know it is possible to filter the explorer according to a precise date which includes the year, but I would be interested in something which is not limited by year.

Is it possible to enter in a date, say July 26, and get a list of all the events (or specific events e.g. births, deaths, etc.) that took place on that date for either a complete data set or a select group of individuals? I thought it might be interesting to have a "This day in my family history" feature.

I know it is possible to filter the explorer according to a precise date which includes the year, but I would be interested in something which is not limited by year.

See John Cardinal's utility "On this day" at

http://www.johncardinal.com/otd/

Or, you could run a List of Events report with output columns set as youy like and with a filter like:

Date - Day = equal [?] AND

Date - Month = equal [?] END

When you run the report, you will be asked to fill in the day and month.

Be warned, this report can take a long time to run (several minutes) if you have a large project. And, the output is probably not a useful as John's utility.