NelsonB

new install TMG

I've recently had to re-install Win XP along with all the programs. I re-installed TMG version 5.15 but when trying to restore my *.sqz file I received a msg from Dynazip - No files to test, extract, etc. No files match filespec and an error code 11 at the end of the restore. WHen trying to open the restored file I receive a msg that the selected product was created by a newer version and cannot be opened with this version of TMG. Is there anyway to fix this problem with the exception of upgrading to version 6?

I've recently had to re-install Win XP along with all the programs. I re-installed TMG version 5.15 but when trying to restore my *.sqz file I received a msg from Dynazip - No files to test, extract, etc. No files match filespec and an error code 11 at the end of the restore. WHen trying to open the restored file I receive a msg that the selected product was created by a newer version and cannot be opened with this version of TMG. Is there anyway to fix this problem with the exception of upgrading to version 6?

If you have verified in 'TMG > Help > About' that your installation is v5.15, then perhaps the problem is in the restore process. If you restored from an external medium like a CD or flash drive, try copying the sqz file to the hard drive and restoring from there.

Virginia

If you have verified in 'TMG > Help > About' that your installation is v5.15, then perhaps the problem is in the restore process. If you restored from an external medium like a CD or flash drive, try copying the sqz file to the hard drive and restoring from there.

Virginia

Hi Virginia:

This restore was from the HD. Are there any archived updateds available for TMG version 5?

The WG upgrade page is at:

http://www.whollygenes.com/Merchant2/merch...screen=UPGRADES

Have you tried Help > Check for an Update in TMG?

Virginia

Hi Virginia:

When I click on -'Check for an update'- a box pops up saying I have to purchase a TMG v6.x serial number in order to unlock this upgrade. I do not wish to purchase an upgrade at this time, I just want to be able to restore the data file I originally created with version 5.

On the link you gave - whenever I download the v5.15.000 patch & run it a message comes up saying "If you apply this update, you will be required upon running TMG to unlock the program with a Version 6 serial number. Your V5 serial number is NOT the same and will no longer work." I tried the other patches (5.14, 5.13, etc.) with the same results.

I note that my original post said I had version v5.15. At first, after re-installing Windows, I just copied the old TMG directory back to the HD but when I had the problems I mentioned - I deleted the old TMG directory and did a full re-install of TMG. When I did this the version showed as 5.11.

Is there any way I can restore the data file I created when I originally purchased TMG? I'm quite happy with version 5 and I put a considerable amount of time entering all my family data into the program. If I hadn't had to re-install Windows I would not have this problem. Any help you could give me with this problem would be most appreciated?

Nelson

Edited by NelsonB

Nelson, try this link if you haven't already -

www.whollygenes.com/files/upgrades/tmg511515update.exe

If that does not work, contact tech support directly at support@whollygenes.com. They should be able to help you restore your TMG v5 installation the way it was before.

Let us know what happens -

Virginia

Nelson, try this link if you haven't already -

www.whollygenes.com/files/upgrades/tmg511515update.exe

If that does not work, contact tech support directly at support@whollygenes.com. They should be able to help you restore your TMG v5 installation the way it was before.

Let us know what happens -

Virginia

When I tried running this update I still receive the msg "If you apply this update, you will be required upon running TMG to unlock the program with a Version 6 serial number. Your V5 serial number is NOT the same and will no longer work."

I will contact tech support and let them know I've communicated with you.

Nelson