jgr

Witness order

In a census entry using Terry's wonderful system, the children in an 1880 census report are listed out of age order (and I'd prefer to have them in age order). I'm sure I entered them in the wrong order, but I was hoping that if I moved the oldest child from second place to first place in the witness list, it would bring her to the front of the order. (See attached for what I mean.) That's not working. Is there a way to do this without deleting and re-entering the children in the right order?

The relevant part of the sentence is: [P] <|and [PO]> appeared on the 1880 Federal Census of< [LCI],>< [LCN],> [LS]<, at [LD]><, enumerated [D]>. <Their children [RG:with Parents] were listed as living with them.>

Thanks.

post-5501-1172205277_thumb.jpg

Selecting the person you want to move, then on the arrows as you show in your screenshot, should move that person in both the list of witnesses and in the output of reports. It doesn't for you?

Selecting the person you want to move, then on the arrows as you show in your screenshot, should move that person in both the list of witnesses and in the output of reports. It doesn't for you?

Nope. I've moved Mary Isabella into the top position, but she still stays as #2 in the report output. See attached.

post-5501-1172280236_thumb.png

I could have sworn that I'd tested that and it worked, but when I test now it works for the [WO] variable but not for Role variables. :(

I'll report it as a bug. But in the meantime I'm afraid the only work-around is to re-enter the witnesses, sorry to say.

I could have sworn that I'd tested that and it worked, but when I test now it works for the [WO] variable but not for Role variables. :( I'll report it as a bug. But in the meantime I'm afraid the only work-around is to re-enter the witnesses, sorry to say.

Fortunately, there weren't all that many witnesses on this census, and I'll be a LOT more careful on the others! Thanks for reporting it as a bug.