ljonesy

Same name same number

Hi,

I've been cleaning up one of my projects and I noticed that in project explorer I have the same person listed twice with the same number twice. Only difference is the ** is next to one. Ex. *Sam Jones 232 and underneath Sam Jones 232 (without the *). How do I get rid of the 2nd Sam Jones? I'm afraid to delete for fear I will lose both. I have 3 or 4 of these and I'm sure it's due to merging some data sets when I imported from another program.

Thanks Linda

Yes, it's likely due to merging data sets, then merging duplicate people. As a result some of your people have two name tags with the same name. The Project Explorer is actually a list of names, not a list of people. The " * " you see on one name indicates it's the primary name tag. The other entry is a non-primary name for the same person.

Go to the person involved and look for a name tag in the tag box - the area under the primary name and parents. After verifying that the tag there doesn't contain valuable information, like sources, delete that tag. The duplicate entry in the Project Explorer will go away.