elevator

Multiple spouses - spouse displayed

In previous posts I have read that it is the last accessed spouse in a configuration where multiple spouses exists for a particular person who is displayed in the siblings and children windows.

This has become quite the annoyance for me, because as I navigate the tree I find that who I want to be displayed in these windows are not necessarily who are displayed. I find it cumbersome to re-edit the "correct" spouse everytime I edit one of the other spouses.

What is on my wishlist is the ability to set one of the spouses as preferred. That way it is possible to automatically display the spouse that I am directly related to. This would also solve the problem with more recent couples where I would want the CURRENT spouse displayed instead of the last one edited.

I have seen this feature incorporated into other genealogy programs, and would like to hear some opinions for/against?

Ken.

In previous posts I have read that it is the last accessed spouse in a configuration where multiple spouses exists for a particular person who is displayed in the siblings and children windows.

This has become quite the annoyance for me, because as I navigate the tree I find that who I want to be displayed in these windows are not necessarily who are displayed. I find it cumbersome to re-edit the "correct" spouse everytime I edit one of the other spouses.

What is on my wishlist is the ability to set one of the spouses as preferred. That way it is possible to automatically display the spouse that I am directly related to. This would also solve the problem with more recent couples where I would want the CURRENT spouse displayed instead of the last one edited.

I have seen this feature incorporated into other genealogy programs, and would like to hear some opinions for/against?

Ken.

Agreed, your way has some small advantages. I can see no advantage in the "last viewed spouse" TMG policy.

Good luck,

Mike Talbot

I agree 100%. I also have issues with getting multiple spouse tags in the correct order when I don't know date. Though a move-up, move-down ability would work, it gets in the way of the ordering by date. Pretty new with TMG, so maybe there's a way to handle this.