I have two of every tag in the Master Tag Type List. I noticed this a long time ago but thought it was a bug or something. Now it's haunting me. When I try to print a chart with occupations on it, some show and some don't. Testing it, I found that some appear if I use the first occupation memo tag, and some appear when I use the second. I can get all to appear if I put both in as separate lines and use the delete blank lines option.

I'd really like to merge the two sets of tag lists though. Is this possible? Did this happen when I merged two datasets or two databases?

Thanks, Lori Bragg

Guest PhilDee

Lori,

It's certainly possible that the doubled tags are a result of a merge. Open the Master Tag Type List and click on the first instance of one of your doubled tags. Look at the middle column and see what group the tag is in and if it is a standard or custom tag. Then do the same to the other instance. I suspect they will be in different tag groups.

You MAY be able to correct this using John Cardinal's TMG Utility but you would need to carefully read the help files and/or discuss it with John via email.

Phil

Wholly Genes Tech Support