How do I edit a tag description, etc?

When I go to the Tag Type List and click on Edit, the Tag Type Definition box pops up. So far, so good.

In the General tab, the four boxes to the right are white and highlighted, but nothing can be changed. In the Tag Group box, all of the bubbles and descriptions are gray and not highlighted. DEAD

In the Roles and Sentences tab:

1) The three boxes at the bottom "New, Edit', Delete" are gray and not highlighted, no matter what I click on. DEAD

2) At the bottom right where it says, "This role is appropriate for" all three boxes are gray and not highlighted. DEAD

3) The two male/female sentence structure boxes are white and highlighted, but nothing can be changed. DEAD

4) The Role box on the left is white and highlighted, and when I click on any of the listed items, the contents of the

male/female boxes at the right change accordingly, but that's it. DEAD

5) When I click on "Rebuild All Sentences" [heck, I'm trying everything possible!], nothing happens. DEAD

6) Clicking/unclicking the "Active" box doesn't activate anything on this screen. DEAD

In the Other tab, there's nothing of interest that I wish to change there, so I haven't bothered with it.

Is there something hidden in the Preferences somewhere that I need to activate? If so, what? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Carol

You need to be in advanced mode

File > Preferences > Program Options > Data Entry