positivek9

Some pictures not showing in Ancestor Chart

:huh: Please help!

I just ran a few Ancestor Box Charts. Some of the pictures are not displaying at all.

Thought it was a BMP issue, so went and changed those to JPG, deleted the BMPs and inserted the JPG's.

Those now seem to display in the charts.

While I was doing that I noticed that some of the pics orginally JPG are also not in the charts.

I did move the external folder to another location on my hard drive, I BET that's what's happening!!

Is there a way to check which names have exhibits?? Or an easier way to update the exhibits to the correct path?

I've tried refreshing thumbnails, etc. Only says I have 2 missing exhibits.

Thanks in advance!

Julie

:huh: Please help!

I just ran a few Ancestor Box Charts. Some of the pictures are not displaying at all.

Thought it was a BMP issue, so went and changed those to JPG, deleted the BMPs and inserted the JPG's.

Those now seem to display in the charts.

While I was doing that I noticed that some of the pics orginally JPG are also not in the charts.

I did move the external folder to another location on my hard drive, I BET that's what's happening!!

Is there a way to check which names have exhibits?? Or an easier way to update the exhibits to the correct path?

I've tried refreshing thumbnails, etc. Only says I have 2 missing exhibits.

Thanks in advance!

Julie

Yes, moviing the exhibit folder would do that. To fix:

File>maintenance>verify file integrity

the first question allows you to define the new folder that contains exhibits. VFI can then find and correct the missing ones.

Run your chart to test.

As a general rule, you should run verify file integrity (VFI) and optimize, periodically.

One day you should change preferences to make everything consistant.

Mike

Yes, moviing the exhibit folder would do that. To fix:

File>maintenance>verify file integrity

the first question allows you to define the new folder that contains exhibits. VFI can then find and correct the missing ones.

Run your chart to test.

As a general rule, you should run verify file integrity (VFI) and optimize, periodically.

One day you should change preferences to make everything consistant.

Mike

:D You are the BEST Mike!!

That worked perfectly!!

I've been getting an error after creating a chart today. Says "Visual Chartform cannot be found, Reinstall from disk" when I try to create a 2nd chart. If I close TMG and reopen, it seems to be okay, still can only create 1 chart but I'm not ready anyway, so am not too worried. Really strange, as it's not done that before! I do get crashes (TMG disappears) if I use the buttons on the left (add tag, delete tag, etc), so I use the right mouse button instead. I'm still running a trial version, hoping that once I register it, these little odd occurances will stop?

Oh, and by the way, I have about 4,000 dogs entered, of Max's lines. Bound and determined to get this done!! LOL!

I'm itching to get started on the mega chart! Wish me luck!!

Once again, thanks!!

Julie

:D You are the BEST Mike!!

That worked perfectly!!

I've been getting an error after creating a chart today. Says "Visual Chartform cannot be found, Reinstall from disk" when I try to create a 2nd chart. If I close TMG and reopen, it seems to be okay, still can only create 1 chart but I'm not ready anyway, so am not too worried. Really strange, as it's not done that before! I do get crashes (TMG disappears) if I use the buttons on the left (add tag, delete tag, etc), so I use the right mouse button instead. I'm still running a trial version, hoping that once I register it, these little odd occurances will stop?

Oh, and by the way, I have about 4,000 dogs entered, of Max's lines. Bound and determined to get this done!! LOL!

I'm itching to get started on the mega chart! Wish me luck!!

Once again, thanks!!

Julie

The VCF "Reinstall from disk" problem has been fixed. It would occur after you generated a VCF chart, but did not save it. All you need to do, when it happens, is exit TMG and re-execute it. If you save every chart generated, it will not happen.

It is reccommended that you do whatever it takes to upgrade to TMG 6.12. Lots of annoying things will go away. Be sure to fully backup your data before you do.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by Mike Talbot

Julie, the trial version is a full-fledged copy of the latest version with no constraints other than the time limit. You should not be seeing those problems with the VCF or with the toolbar buttons. What operating system are you using - WinXP, Vista, something else?

Virginia