Guest ProudFossil

Thank you

Hi, Mike -

We try to catch the spam but it does get through occasionally. Sorry you had to see it -

Virginia

Recently there has been another rash... This time, we seem to be getting a daily new posting notification mail sent. My spam trapper can't filter this spam before I see it since the header looks normal and it comes from a "trusted"(?) source. Is there any way of delaying the notification mails until after you have decided whether or not to delete a posting?

Please...

JohnW

Recently there has been another rash... This time, we seem to be getting a daily new posting notification mail sent. My spam trapper can't filter this spam before I see it since the header looks normal and it comes from a "trusted"(?) source. Is there any way of delaying the notification mails until after you have decided whether or not to delete a posting?

This is happening when a spam is posted as a reply to a forum or topic to which you have subscribed to have notices of new replies sent to you. So the board sends you notification (of the spam in this case) as you have requested. :wacko:

The only real solution is to unsubscribe for notices from those forums or topics.

We'll kill the spams as soon as we see them or are told about them. Grumble...

There has been a rash of spam recently on the TMG5 forum. Is that where you are receiving it from, John? It's a slow forum - only 5 legitimate messages posted there all year - so if that's the source of the spam, you might want to temporarily unsubscribe as Jim suggested and check in there occasionally.

I subscribe to that forum and also keep a direct link to it on my desktop so I can catch the spam quickly - but it is a problem.

Virginia

There has been a rash of spam recently on the TMG5 forum. Is that where you are receiving it from, John? It's a slow forum - only 5 legitimate messages posted there all year - so if that's the source of the spam, you might want to temporarily unsubscribe as Jim suggested and check in there occasionally.

I subscribe to that forum and also keep a direct link to it on my desktop so I can catch the spam quickly - but it is a problem.

Virginia

There are two more this morning - you are right, they come from the V5 forum. I'll go there and unsubscribe, Thanks

JohnW