Helmut Leininger

Wishlist - Details Window - Detail Report

Hi,

In the details window and the detailed report, for events like Marriage, Son, Daughter, you can see the name and ID of the concerned person, also place, comment etc.

I would also like to see the life-span of the concerned persons (like it is done in the project explorer). Often, this would give a much better impression.

An example from my researches:

A couple has got 12 children within 14 years. With the exception of one, all had died before their mother when giving birth the twelfth time. Most of the children died when they were less than three years old.

When the lifespans are shown, you get a very good idea of the situation.

post-4598-1185099571_thumb.jpg

Regards

Helmut

Edited by hlein

Hi,

In the details window and the detailed report, for events like Marriage, Son, Daughter, you can see the name and ID of the concerned person, also place, comment etc.

I would also like to see the life-span of the concerned persons (like it is done in the project explorer). Often, this would give a much better impression.

An example from my researches:

A couple has got 12 children within 14 years. With the exception of one, all had died before their mother when giving birth the twelfth time. Most of the children died when they were less than three years old.

When the lifespans are shown, you get a very good idea of the situation.

TMG_Mayr.jpg

Regards

Helmut

Hi Helmut, Guten Morgen :)

which 'detailed report'? You're referring to the lower part of the details window, right?

Why not simply add the 'Children' window to your layout? From this you can see at one glance Birth and Death of the children... (and even more than that).

Hi Helmut, Guten Morgen :)

which 'detailed report'? You're referring to the lower part of the details window, right?

Why not simply add the 'Children' window to your layout? From this you can see at one glance Birth and Death of the children... (and even more than that).

Hi Vera,

1) I have the children window open, but just did not use it that way. Good idea.

2) In a printed detailed report of an individual you do not see the life-span ( it is very close to the detail window)

3) In a "Erzählender Bericht" of an individual the children are not mentionned at all !?

Regards

Helmut