Gotty

Accents - matching a tag's name

I use accents a lot, and would dearly like to be able to use the name of a tag as a criterion in the "Accent condition".

But there doesn't seem to be any "Field" to do this. I'd expect something like "Any Event tag; Type" or just "Type" (but the list ends at "Son's Name group; Title")

Is there some other criterion buried in that list that would do this?

You can filter on whether or not any tag in one of the Tag Type Groups has a field with particular charactoristics. But not on the existance of a particular tag type, which is what I think you want.

However, you can get indirectly in a couple of ways. If the default sentence in the tag type you want to find is unique, you can filter for the tag type group and the default sentence.

Or, you can use a List of People filter to find a particular tag type and use that to set a custom Flag. Then use the Flag for accents (using flags instead of filters for accents makes them run faster when you change focus person anyway).

Thanks, Terry. However, I did realise that there are a number of workarounds (and I'd rather not have another flag for it).

But since the tag filter seems to have just about everything except the inside-leg measurement of the principle <grin> it would seem an odd thing not to be there.

I also use accents throughout my project and would like to be able to have a wider range. I’m sure it’s in there somewhere, nearly everything is, but there seems to be only one “conflict” colour.

To explain: I have set accents for the flags to A, C, D, M, U, ?. That covers everyone in the project and makes it easy to see where people fit in the tree. Because there have been a lot of twins born, in each generation, I have used 2 for Multiple Births, so I’ve ticked the “Accent names by ALL matching conditions” box and have a “Conflict Colour”. I would also like to be able to accent, for example, “All people born in England” but if I do that, currently, they appear in the same colour as the twins. I’d like to see a larger array of combinations available. Is that possible, currently, or am I expecting too much? :P